On 20/02/2018 14:50, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 7:48 PM, John Garry <john.ga...@huawei.com> wrote:
From: Zhichang Yuan <yuanzhich...@hisilicon.com>

The low-pin-count(LPC) interface of Hip06/Hip07 accesses the peripherals in
I/O port addresses. This patch implements the LPC host controller driver
which perform the I/O operations on the underlying hardware.
We don't want to touch those existing peripherals' driver, such as ipmi-bt.
So this driver applies the indirect-IO introduced in the previous patch
after registering an indirect-IO node to the indirect-IO devices list which
will be searched in the I/O accessors to retrieve the host-local I/O port.

The driver config is set as a bool instead of a trisate. The reason
here is that, by the very nature of the driver providing a logical
PIO range, it does not make sense to have this driver as a loadable
module. Another more specific reason is that the Huawei D03 board
which includes hip06 SoC requires the LPC bus for UART console, so
should be built in.

Hi Andy,

+config HISILICON_LPC
+       bool "Support for ISA I/O space on Hisilicon hip06/7"
+       depends on (ARM64 && (ARCH_HISI || COMPILE_TEST))

Redundant parens.

OK, these can be removed

+       select INDIRECT_PIO
+       help
+         Driver needed for some legacy ISA devices attached to Low-Pin-Count
+         on Hisilicon hip06/7 SoC.

+#if LPC_MAX_DULEN > LPC_MAX_BURST
+#error "LPC.. MAX_DULEN must be not bigger than MAX_OPCNT!"
+#endif

But here you can easily avoid an #error, by making them equal, just
issue a warning instead.

These values are dictated by the HW. Well the burst length is. Regardless I have simplified the driver not to use the burst mode so I can remove.

+#if LPC_MAX_BURST % LPC_MAX_DULEN
+#error "LPC.. LPC_MAX_BURST must be multiple of LPC_MAX_DULEN!"
+#endif

Is it like this, or also should be power of two?

As above

+/* The command register fields */
+#define LPC_CMD_SAMEADDR       0x08
+#define LPC_CMD_TYPE_IO                0x00

+#define LPC_CMD_WRITE          0x01
+#define LPC_CMD_READ           0x00
+/* the bit attribute is W1C. 1 represents OK. */
+#define LPC_STAT_BYIRQ         0x02

BIT() ?

Not all, but I'll fix them up to be clearer

+#define LPC_STATUS_IDLE                0x01
+#define LPC_OP_FINISHED                0x02
+
+#define LPC_START_WORK         0x01

Ditto?

+static inline int wait_lpc_idle(unsigned char *mbase,
+                               unsigned int waitcnt) {
+       u32 opstatus;
+
+       while (waitcnt--) {
+               ndelay(LPC_NSEC_PERWAIT);
+               opstatus = readl(mbase + LPC_REG_OP_STATUS);
+               if (opstatus & LPC_STATUS_IDLE)
+                       return (opstatus & LPC_OP_FINISHED) ? 0 : (-EIO);
+       }
+       return -ETIME;

Personally I prefer timeout loops in a do {} while (--count) style.

OK, I think it's fine to change as mentioned

+}

+static int
+hisi_lpc_target_in(struct hisi_lpc_dev *lpcdev, struct lpc_cycle_para *para,
+                 unsigned long addr, unsigned char *buf,
+                 unsigned long opcnt)
+{
+       unsigned int cmd_word;
+       unsigned int waitcnt;
+       unsigned long flags;
+       int ret;
+
+       if (!buf || !opcnt || !para || !para->csize || !lpcdev)
+               return -EINVAL;

+
+       cmd_word = LPC_CMD_TYPE_IO | LPC_CMD_READ;
+       waitcnt = LPC_PEROP_WAITCNT;
+       if (!(para->opflags & FG_INCRADDR_LPC)) {
+               cmd_word |= LPC_CMD_SAMEADDR;
+               waitcnt = LPC_MAX_WAITCNT;
+       }
+

+       ret = 0;
+

Sounds redundant.

it is, so I'll fix

+       /* whole operation must be atomic */
+       spin_lock_irqsave(&lpcdev->cycle_lock, flags);
+
+       writel_relaxed(opcnt, lpcdev->membase + LPC_REG_OP_LEN);
+
+       writel_relaxed(cmd_word, lpcdev->membase + LPC_REG_CMD);
+
+       writel_relaxed(addr, lpcdev->membase + LPC_REG_ADDR);
+
+       writel(LPC_START_WORK, lpcdev->membase + LPC_REG_START);
+
+       /* whether the operation is finished */
+       ret = wait_lpc_idle(lpcdev->membase, waitcnt);

+       if (!ret) {

I would rather go with usual pattern
if (ret) {
 return ret;
}

The intention was to not have 2 calls to free the spinlock. But we can go with the usual pattern.

+               for (; opcnt; opcnt--, buf++)
+                       *buf = readb(lpcdev->membase + LPC_REG_RDATA);

Looks like a do {} while (slightly better for my opinion).

do {
              *buf++ = readb(lpcdev->membase + LPC_REG_RDATA);
} while (--opcnt);

ok

+       }
+
+       spin_unlock_irqrestore(&lpcdev->cycle_lock, flags);
+
+       return ret;
+}

+       for (; opcnt; buf++, opcnt--)
+               writeb(*buf, lpcdev->membase + LPC_REG_WDATA);

Ditto.

Ditto

+static u32 hisi_lpc_comm_in(void *hostdata, unsigned long pio, size_t dwidth)

+       if (!lpcdev || !dwidth || dwidth > LPC_MAX_DULEN)
+               return -1;

~0 ?

I need to check the patchset for all of these :)

+       if (ret)
+               return -1;

Ditto.

+       do {
+               int ret;
+
+               ret = hisi_lpc_target_in(lpcdev, &iopara, addr,
+                                       buf, dwidth);
+               if (ret)
+                       return ret;
+               buf += dwidth;

+               count--;
+       } while (count);

} while (--count);

+       do {
+               if (hisi_lpc_target_out(lpcdev, &iopara, addr, buf,
+                                               dwidth))
+                       break;
+               buf += dwidth;
+               count--;
+       } while (count);

Ditto.

ok, we can use the do-while loop

+static int hisi_lpc_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
+{
+       struct device *dev = &pdev->dev;
+       struct acpi_device *acpi_device = ACPI_COMPANION(dev);
+       struct logic_pio_hwaddr *range;
+       struct hisi_lpc_dev *lpcdev;
+       struct resource *res;

+       int ret = 0;

Redundant assignment.

Right

+       res = platform_get_resource(pdev, IORESOURCE_MEM, 0);

+       if (!res)
+               return -ENODEV;

Redundant.

Right, devm_ioremap_resource() can deal with res = NULL.

+
+       lpcdev->membase = devm_ioremap_resource(dev, res);
+       if (IS_ERR(lpcdev->membase)) {

+               dev_err(dev, "remap failed\n");

Redundant.

right, an error is printed in devm_ioremap_resource()

+               return PTR_ERR(lpcdev->membase);
+       }

+       /* register the LPC host PIO resources */

+       if (!acpi_device)
+               ret = of_platform_populate(dev->of_node, NULL, NULL, dev);

+       if (ret) {

+               dev_err(dev, "populate children failed (%d)\n", ret);

JFYI: ret is printed by device core if ->probe() fails.

OK, so then this is superfluous

+               return ret;
+       }

This condition should go under if (!acpi_device) case.

Thanks,
John