On 03/02/2018 05:46 AM, Corey Minyard wrote:
On 02/28/2018 01:07 PM, Corey Minyard wrote:
On 02/28/2018 08:17 AM, Corey Minyard wrote:
On 02/28/2018 07:53 AM, Corey Minyard wrote:
On 02/27/2018 05:55 PM, Laura Abbott wrote:

Fedora got a bug report of a crash in IPMI on 4.15.6
Unfortunately, it's only a screenshot but it's fairly
clear. It looks like a panic in the error handling path
in platform_device_unregister. Any ideas?

You may also run into another issue.  You can pull the
individual patch at

Actually, it needed a few more tweaks.  Can you do change
instead?  It's "ipmi: Fix some error cleanup issues"

I can send you patches, if you like.  If you could test and get back
to me, that would be great.

Laura, have you had a chance to test this?  I'd like to get it in soon,
if possible.

Sorry, this got missed. I'll ask the reporter to reproduce today.

BTW, the IPMI setup in your system is incorrect.  SMBIOS says it's at a
memory address, but it's at an I/O address.  And the address given
doesn't appear to be a valid address, the value read doesn't appear
to be a valid value.

for that fix.

Yeah, this is fixed by 174134ac7602 "ipmi_si: Fix error
handling of platform device" in mainstream.

I guess I need to request a backport of this.

Thanks for reporting.