On 03/06/2018 05:28 AM, Progyan Bhattacharya wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-03-01 at 13:42 -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>> If you would build with V=1 and capture all of the output (lots of
>> it!) to a file,
>> you could search it for "pedantic" to see where/why it is used.
>>
>> I have no idea about the permission problem that you quoted above.
>
> Sorry for the misunderstanding!
> Here is the full build log for
>
>     make V=1

Thanks. I don't see a problem there except for the final line.

First, please make sure that this file does not already exist before starting
a build:  /home/progyan/Programs/Linux/tools/objtool/.objtool-in.o.cmd

Then I will look at this more if you will send me your kernel .config file and
the exact command(s) that you use to run the build.

thanks,
--
~Randy