On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:53:01 -0400 (EDT)
Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoy...@efficios.com> wrote:

> ----- On Mar 16, 2018, at 12:48 PM, rostedt rost...@goodmis.org wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:41:34 -0400
> > Steven Rostedt <rost...@goodmis.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, kprobes are dangerous. I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed, I'm
> >> saying that I don't have time to fix it now, but would be happy to
> >> accept patches if someone else does so.
> >
> > And looking at what I replied before for the original patch. It would
> > probably be a good idea to blacklist directories. Like we do with
> > function tracing. We probably should black list both kernel/tracing and
> > kernel/events from being probed.
> >
> > Did this come up at plumbers? You were there too, I don't remember
> > discussing it there.
>
> I don't remember this coming up last Plumbers nor KS neither, given
> that we were focused on other topics.
>
> Would the general approach you envision be based on emitting all code
> generated by compilation of all objects under kernel/tracing and
> kernel/events into a specific "nokprobes" text section of the kernel ?
> Perhaps we could create a specific linker scripts for those directories,
> or do you have in mind a neater way to do this ?

.kprobes.text section still exists. As I pointed in previous mail, I don't
think we have to put all those code into that section. But if you want,
it is acceptable to have a kconfig which push most of those ftrace related
code into .kprobes.text section.

Thank,

--
Masami Hiramatsu <mhira...@kernel.org>