On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 6:34 AM, Alan Cox <gno...@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 20:56:45 -0600
> Aaron Durbin <adur...@chromium.org> wrote:

>> > Is there any fundamental reason you can't just embed dt entries in the
>> > ACPI table to describe the other features you need. I appreciate it
>> > doesn't solve the generic PC case but it ought to help for anything where
>> > the firmware cares about Linux ?
>>
>> What's the method for doing that? Using _DSD methods? Or have a
>> pointer to examples? Sorry, I haven't spelunked into the current state
>> of bridging ACPI and devicetree in a while.
>
> ACPI 5.1 adds an _DSD method UUID for device properties.
>
> The kernel device_property_* interface will pick them up just as if they
> came from DT tables etc.

But we don't have the full ACPI interpreter up in the early part of
the kernel. All these 'early' devices have their own setup/config
which is the source of the issue. Or maybe I am wrong about the full
interpreter and the early drivers are just not taking advantage of the
ACPI device binding?

-Aaron