On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:22 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torva...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Andy Shevchenko
> <andriy.shevche...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is first batch of Platform Drivers x86 for v4.17 cycle. Due to few
>> duplication the merge will have conflicts which would be resolved by
>> using `git merge -X no-renames ...` followed by choose of our version of
>> two failed one-liner hunks situated in one file.
>
> I'm not sure what git version or flags you are using, but git merges
> it cleanly for me using the standard recursive merge policy.

That's good news.
I'm using whatever is in Debian Unstable (old for less than month) and
what I tried was

% git checkout -b test origin/master
% git merge for-next # our branch for you

It complained to me that file was renamed / deleted and it didn't
resolve conflicts automatically.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko