<snip>

> NAK on indiscriminate Cc: stable. There are zero guarantees that older
> kernels will work with whatever firmware you throw at them.

I included 'Cc: stable' so the patch would get added to the v4.16 and
v4.15 kernels
which I have tested with the patch. I found that earlier kernels
didn't support the
'linux-firmware' package required to get wifi working on Intel's new
Gemini Lake NUC.

> PS. How is this a "RESEND"? I haven't seen this before.

It is a 'RESEND' for that very reason. I initially sent the patch to
the same people as
a similar patch (https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10143637/) however
after realising
this omitted required addresses I added them and resent the patch.

Best regards,
Ian