On Friday, April 13, 2018 11:19:40 AM Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 13/04/2018 11:08, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> >> I'm not sure these are correct fixes.
> >>
> >> The change 480b5bfc16e1 tells:
> >>
> >> "There should be no functional changes caused by this patch."
> >>
> >> but the fix above returns 0 as a default value instead of '50' or '25'
> >> for the 5440 and that impacts the threshold etc ...
> >>
> >> IMO, the correct fix would be to define a default value '50', override
> >> it at init time to '25' if it is a 5440. And then the variable 'temp'
> >> and 'temp_code' get this value in the default case.
> >
> > It is okay to return 0 because this code-path (the default one) will be
> > never hit by the driver (probe makes sure of it) - the default case is
> > here is just to silence compilation errors..
>
> The init function is making sure cal_type is one or another. Can you fix
> it correctly by replacing the 'switch' by a 'if' instead of adding dead
> branches to please gcc?
>
> if (data->cal_type == TYPE_TWO_POINT_TRIMMING) {
>       return ...;
> }
>
> return ...;

I'm not the one that added this switch statement (it has been there since
2011) and I would be happy to remove it.  However could we please defer
this to v4.17 and merge the current set of Exynos thermal fixes/cleanups
(they simplify the driver a lot and make ground for future changes)?

Best regards,
--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Samsung R&D Institute Poland