+static inline void camellia_enc_blk(void *ctx, u8 *dst, const u8 *src)
-       __camellia_enc_blk(ctx, dst, src, false);
+       __camellia_enc_blk((struct camellia_ctx *) ctx, dst, src, false);

I don't see how this is an improvement: instead of having a proper type there's
now an opaque type and an ugly (and dangerous) type cast.

What does "compatible with CFI requirements" mean?

For "compatible with CFI requirements", I meant: given a set of functions that are invoked through a given set of pointers, all functions and pointers in these sets have the same prototype. I added a note about this CFI heuristic in the cover letter, but I guess I should have been clearer there and added something more substantial to the commit message.

Regarding the changes, this was the most straight-forward way I found to make the sources compliant with the above, not requiring deeper semantic changes to the underneath invoking code. On the other hand, I agree that there is a collateral damage and that an ideal fix would be the other way around -- removing the opaque type from the pointer instead of adding it to the functions.

I'll try to think of another way and send if I come to something.


Reply via email to