On Wed, 9 May 2018 10:41:20 +0200
Peter Zijlstra <pet...@infradead.org> wrote:

> > This is easily done by using "::" instead of just ":".
>
> And I'll voice my objection once again. This makes a regular comment
> worse. This rst stuff is utter shit for making normal text files less
> readable in your favourite text editor.
>
> If this gets merged, I'll simply remove that spurious ':' the next time
> I'm near that comment.

Seriously, Peter?

It's a simple colon.  It goes along with the /** marker for kerneldoc
comments and the @ markers found within them, both of which you seem to
have found a way to live with.

The RST work was discussed for a year before we even started.  It has
brought in the efforts of a large number of developers, all of whom see
the value in actually caring about our documentation and making it
accessible to a much larger group of readers.  And it has all happened
while preserving the primacy of the plain-text documentation.

You're not the only consumer of the docs.  You may not appreciate the
improvements that have come, but others certainly do.  I do hope that you
can find it in youself to avoid vandalizing things for everybody else ...?

Thanks,

jon