This series adds support for capture to stm32-pwm driver.
Capture is based on DMAs.
- First two patches add support for requesting DMAs to MFD core
- Next three patches add support for capture to stm32-pwm driver
- This has been tested on stm32429i-eval board.
Changes in v5:
- update patch 2 (mfd: stm32-timers: add support for dmas)
move stm32_timers_dma struct to header file,
fix warning on dma_mapping_error().
Changes in v4:
- Lee's comments on patch 2 (mfd: stm32-timers: add support for dmas)
Add kerneldoc header, better format comments.
Changes in v3:
- Dropped 2 precusor patches applied by Thierry in pwm tree:
"pwm: stm32: fix, remove unused struct device"
"pwm: stm32: protect common prescaler for all channels"
- Note: this series applies on top on pwm tree
- Implements Lee's comments on MFD part: rework stm32_timers_dma struct,
exported routine prototype now use generic device struct, more
various comments (see patch 2 changelog).
- Add collected Acks
Changes in v2:
- Abstract DMA handling from child driver: move it to MFD core
- Rework pwm capture routines to adopt this change
- Comment on optional dma support, beautify DMAs probe
Fabrice Gasnier (6):
dt-bindings: mfd: stm32-timers: add support for dmas
mfd: stm32-timers: add support for dmas
pwm: stm32: add capture support
pwm: stm32: improve capture by tuning counter prescaler
pwm: stm32: use input prescaler to improve period capture
ARM: dts: stm32: Enable pwm3 input capture on stm32f429i-eval
.../devicetree/bindings/mfd/stm32-timers.txt | 20 ++
arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32429i-eval.dts | 3 +
drivers/mfd/stm32-timers.c | 201 +++++++++++++++-
drivers/pwm/pwm-stm32.c | 257 +++++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/mfd/stm32-timers.h | 58 +++++
5 files changed, 537 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)