Hello Thierry & Fabrice,

>> Still, it is possible to send uevent (KOBJ_CHANGE) on pwmchipN device,
>> to notify of a change, e.g. pwmX channel being exported/unexported.

I tested this patch, and I am happy to report that it works with the
udev rule that Raspbian (Raspberry Pi's Debian derivative) has in
place:

SUBSYSTEM=="pwm*", PROGRAM="/bin/sh -c '\
        chown -R root:gpio /sys/class/pwm && chmod -R 770 /sys/class/pwm;\
        chown -R root:gpio
/sys/devices/platform/soc/*.pwm/pwm/pwmchip* && chmod -R 770
/sys/devices/platform/soc/*.pwm/pwm/pwmchip*\
'"

So while I can't comment on the uevent semantics, it would solve what
the original patch attempted to enable (non-root use of pwm).

Tested-by: Gottfried Haider <gottfried.hai...@gmail.com>

Best,
Gottfried