On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 04:07:01AM +0000, Al Viro wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 11:59:23PM +0000, David Howells wrote:
>
> >  (*) mount-api-core.  These are the internal-only patches that add the
> >      fs_context, the legacy wrapper and the security hooks and make certain
> >      filesystems make use of it.
>
> FWIW, while rereading that series I'd spotted something very odd in erofs.
> It's orthogonal to everything else, but just to make sure it doesn't get
> lost:
>       * sbi->dev_name thing in erofs is used only for debugging printks,
> basically.  Just use sb->s_id[] and be done with that.
>       * dump struct erofs_mount_private - you don't need dev_name in
> your erofs_fill_super().  Just use mount_bdev() in usual fashion.
>       * what the hell are you doing with ->s_root???  Why would you
> possibly want it hashed and what kind of dcache lookup could find it?
> That d_rehash() looks deeply confused; what are you trying to do there?

... and while we are at it, what happens to
                unsigned int nameoff = le16_to_cpu(de[mid].nameoff);
                unsigned int matched = min(startprfx, endprfx);

                struct qstr dname = QSTR_INIT(data + nameoff,
                        unlikely(mid >= ndirents - 1) ?
                                maxsize - nameoff :
                                le16_to_cpu(de[mid + 1].nameoff) - nameoff);

                /* string comparison without already matched prefix */
                int ret = dirnamecmp(name, &dname, &matched);
if le16_to_cpu(de[...].nameoff) is not monotonically increasing?  I.e.
what's to prevent e.g. (unsigned)-1 ending up in dname.len?

Corrupted fs image shouldn't oops the kernel...