Hello.

As an outcome of https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/10/19/786 discussion there was
an interest in stress/performance test suite. It was developed to analyse
a vmalloc allocator from performance, stability point of view and compare
the new approach with current one.

I have explained in the commit message in detail how to use this test driver,
so please have look at: vmalloc: add test driver to analyse vmalloc allocator

I think it is pretty easy and handy to use. I am not sure if i need to create
kind of run.sh or vmalloc.sh in tools/testing/selftests/ to configure the test
module over misc device or so to apply different configurations and trigger
the test.

This driver uses one internal function that is not accessible from the kernel
module, thus as a workaround i use kallsyms_lookup_name("__vmalloc_node_range")
to find the symbol.

Also, i need to mention one thing here this test suite allowed me to identify
some issues in current design. So please refer to the link i pointed above.

Uladzislau Rezki (Sony) (1):
  vmalloc: add test driver to analyse vmalloc allocator

 lib/Kconfig.debug  |  12 ++
 lib/Makefile       |   1 +
 3 files changed, 556 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 lib/test_vmalloc.c