On Tue 13-11-18 15:29:41, Andrew Morton wrote:
[...]
> But do we really need to do this?  Are there any other known potential
> callsites?

The main point is that the code as it stands is quite fragile, isn't it?
Fixing up all the callers is possible but can you actually think of a
reason why this would cause any measurable effect in the fast path?
The order argument is usually in a register and comparing it to a number
with unlikely branch should be hardly something visible.

Besides that we are talking few cycles at best compared to a fragile
code that got broken by accident without anybody noticing for quite some
time.

I vote for the maintainability over few cycles here. Should anybody find
this measurable we can rework the code by other means.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs