On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 2:54 PM gre...@linuxfoundation.org
<gre...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> A number of us have talked about this in the plumbers Android track, and
> a different proposal for how to solve this has been made that should be
> much more resiliant.  So I will drop this patch from my queue and wait
> for the patches based on the discussions we had there.
>
> I think there's some notes/slides on the discussion online somewhere,
> but it hasn't been published as the conference is still happening,
> otherwise I would link to it here...

Here is a link to the session where you can look at the slides [1].
There was consensus that "binderfs" (slide 5) was the most promising
-- but would be behind a config option to provide backwards
compatibility for non-container use-cases.

The etherpad notes are at [2] (look at "Dynamically Allocated Binder
Devices" section)

Christian Brauner will be sending out more details.

-Todd

[1] https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/2/contributions/222/
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Android