With exception of the very first patch, this whole series is probablt RFC at
this point.

(and thanks to sending that earlier email saying that I was stumped by this
crap,
 I instantly spotted my problem)

Dave, I didn't address that tlbinv(0) point you made, mostly because I didn't
have a good answer.

These patches get rid of around ~40 lines of pageattr.c while adding smarts and
removing a few (IMO) warts. The total LoC improvement not quite as impressive
because of the additional lines of selftest.

---
 arch/x86/mm/mm_internal.h   |   2 +
 arch/x86/mm/pageattr-test.c |  31 +++--
 arch/x86/mm/tlb.c           |   4 +-