On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 06:10:19PM +0800, Jason Wang wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This series tries to access virtqueue metadata through kernel virtual
> address instead of copy_user() friends since they had too much
> overheads like checks, spec barriers or even hardware feature
> toggling.

Userspace accesses through remapping tricks and next time there's a need
for a new barrier we are left to figure it out by ourselves.  I don't
like the idea I have to say.  As a first step, why don't we switch to
unsafe_put_user/unsafe_get_user etc?
That would be more of an apples to apples comparison, would it not?