On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 06:06:53PM +0100, Sebastian Sewior wrote:
> On 2019-01-31 17:52:28 [+0100], Heiko Carstens wrote:
> > ...nevertheless Stefan and I looked through the lovely disassembly of
> > _pthread_mutex_lock_full() to verify if the compiler barriers are
> > actually doing what they are supposed to do. The generated code
> > however does look correct.
> > So, it must be something different.
>
> would it make sense to use one locking function instead all three (lock,
> try-lock, timed) in the test case to figure out if this is related to
> one of the locking function?

I tried all three variants, but it seems to be close to impossible to
re-create then. I had a single fail when using only the trylock
variant, but I wouldn't say that means anything.

Only if all three variants run in parallel it seems to be quite
reliably reproducible, even though sometimes it still takes an hour.