On 10/15/07, Andi Kleen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hmm, OK. It looks like DRM vmallocs memory (which gives highmem).
>
> I meant I'm not sure if it uses that memory uncached. I admit
> not quite understanding that code. There used to be at least
> one place where it set UC for an user mapping though.

Currently the only DRM memory handed to userspace is vmalloc_32 in drm_scatter.c

I notice the VIA driver does its own vmalloc for dmablit, so it may
have an issue with this if highmem is involved.

This will change with the upcoming memory manager so I'll need to
investigate it a bit perhaps...

Dave.