On 6/23/20 10:59 AM, Jarkko Nikula wrote:
Hi

On 6/23/20 5:51 AM, John Stultz wrote:
On the HiKey board, where CONFIG_ACPI is not set, we started
to see a graphics regression where the adv7511 HDMI bridge driver
wasn't probing. This was due to the i2c bus failing to start up.

I bisected the problem down to commit f9288fcc5c615 ("i2c:
designware: Move ACPI parts into common module") and after
looking at it a bit, I realized that change moved some
initialization into i2c_dw_acpi_adjust_bus_speed(). However,
i2c_dw_acpi_adjust_bus_speed() is only functional if CONFIG_ACPI
is set.

This patch pulls i2c_dw_acpi_adjust_bus_speed() out of the
ifdef CONFIG_ACPI conditional, and gets the board working again.

Andy: what you think should the i2c_dw_acpi_adjust_bus_speed() fixed to return adjusted speed or zero if not found (also for !CONFIG_ACPI) and move above lines back to probe? It looks more clear to me that way and should fix the regression I think.

Ok, I sent a patch what I was thinking. Care to test John does it fix the regression you are seeing?

--
Jarkko