On 7/21/20 11:59 PM, Amir Goldstein wrote:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 3:15 AM kernel test robot <rong.a.c...@intel.com> wrote:
Greeting,

FYI, we noticed a -9.5% regression of will-it-scale.per_process_ops due to
commit:

commit: c738fbabb0ff62d0f9a9572e56e65d05a1b34c6a ("fsnotify: fold fsnotify() call
into fsnotify_parent()")
Strange, that's a pretty dumb patch moving some inlined code from one
function to
another (assuming there are no fsnotify marks in this test).

Unless I am missing something the only thing that changes slightly is
an extra d_inode(file->f_path.dentry) deference.
I can get rid of it.

Is it possible to ask for a re-test with fix patch (attached)?

Hi Amir,

We failed to apply this patch, could you tell us the base commit or the base branch?

Best Regards,
Rong Chen