On 24/10/20 10:26, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I was also hoping Paolo was going to take the patch which just defines
> the KVM_FEATURE_MSI_EXT_DEST_ID bit² ASAP, so that we end up with a
> second patch³ that *just* wires it up to x86_init.msi_ext_dest_id() for
> KVM.
>
> ¹ https://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/linux.git/commitdiff/734719c1f4
> ² https://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/linux.git/commitdiff/3f371d6749
> ³ https://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/linux.git/commitdiff/8399e14eb5

Yes, I am going to take it.

I was already sort of playing with fire with the 5.10 pull request (and
with me being lousy in general during the 5.10 development period, to be
honest), so I left it for rc2 or rc3.  It's just docs and it happened to
conflict with another documentation patch that had gone in through Jon
Corbet's tree.

Paolo