On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 3:58 PM Tsuchiya Yuto <kita...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The devicve_dump may take a little bit long time and users may want to
> disable the dump for daily usage.
>
> This commit adds a new module parameter enable_device_dump and disables
> the device_dump by default.

As with one of your other patches, please don't change the defaults
and hide them under a module parameter. If you're adding a module
parameter, leave the default behavior alone.

This also seems like something that might be nicer as a user-space
knob in generic form (similar to "/sys/class/devcoredump/disabled",
except on a per-device basis, and fed back to the driver so it doesn't
waste time generating such dumps), but I suppose I can see why a
module parameter (so you can just stick your configuration in
/etc/modprobe.d/) might be easier to deal with in some cases.

Brian