On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 4:23 PM Coiby Xu <coiby...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 07:04:44PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> >On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 5:27 PM Lee Jones <lee.jo...@linaro.org> wrote:

> >There are pros and cons of each approach, but not above.
> >
> Can you elaborate on the pros and cons of each approach? There's
> convincing reason to prefer __maybe_unused over CONFIG_PM_SLEEP
> according to Arnd Bergmann [1],

First what comes to my mind. Perhaps more, but somebody else may
extend / correct below.

ifdeffery (pros):
 - compiler doesn't need even to look at that code

ifdeffery (cons):
 - if depends on configuration and thus harder to test coverage

__maybe_unused (pros):
 - removes ugly ifdeffery in the code, increases readability

__maybe_unused (cons):
 - it's a burden for compiler (increasing compilation time) and to
linker (to drop the section)

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko