Will try it.

BTW, this is a "Generation 2" VM on Hyper-V, meaning sysrq only starts to
work after the Hyper-V para-virtualized keyboard driver loads... So, at this
early point, sysrq is not working. :-( I'll have to hack the code and use a
virtual NMI interrupt to force the sysrq handler to be called.

> Having interrupts disabled on all CPUs would have the effect of disabling
> the RCU CPU stall warnings.
>                                                       Thanx, Paul

I'm sure the interrupts are not disabled. Here the VM only has 1 virtual CPU,
and when the hang issue happens the virtual serial console is still responding
when I press Enter (it prints a new line) or Ctrl+C (it prints ^C).

Here the VM does not use the "legacy timers" (PIT, Local APIC timer, etc.) at
all.
Instead, the VM uses the Hyper-V para-virtualized timers. It looks the Hyper-V
timer never fires in the kdump kernel when the hang issue happens. I'm
looking into this... I suspect this hang issue may only be specific to Hyper-V.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan