On 12/04/2020 08:08 PM, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 11:58:51AM +0800, Jiaxun Yang wrote:

在 2020/12/3 上午11:19, Tiezhu Yang 写道:
In the current code, CONFIG_ARCH_KEEP_MEMBLOCK is not set for MIPS arch,
memblock_discard() will discard memory and reserved arrays if they were
allocated, select ARCH_KEEP_MEMBLOCK to give a chance to track "memory"
and "reserved" memblocks after early boot, with this patch, we can see
the following two sysfs interfaces under DEBUG_FS.

/sys/kernel/debug/memblock/memory
/sys/kernel/debug/memblock/reserved
Is this really necessary?
memblock data is not really necessary after boot for non-debug purpose.

Given that MIPS is widely used in embedded systems which doesn't have much
memory, keeping unused data after boot is kinda unconvincing.
about how much memory are talking here ?

If you intend to debug that please do it locally.
maybe we can add a

if DEBUG_KERNEL

since enabling DEBUG_KERNEL will cost already some memory...

Yes, that makes sense.

If nobody has any objections, I will send v2 in the next week.

Thanks,
Tiezhu

Thomas.