Are those virtual instances having CPUID hypervisor bit set? If yes,
they can be differentiated from bare metal instances w/o checking
the vendor list.

btw do you know whether this 'virtual machine' flag is widely used
in virtualization environments? If yes, we probably should add check
on this flag even before checking DMI_SYS_VENDOR. It sounds more
general...

Thanks
Kevin