Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Regardless if we rip out the entire rule of majors for dev_t, will there
> be a service dummy driver to various block-devices?  There is a real need
> for this if we are going to get full control of the hardware by indirect
> access obtain the functionality that I see and need in the near future.

At this point, I'll allocate a device number when someone is ready to
release a driver - no sooner.  There simply is not a whole lot of choice
because of the extreme shortage of device numbers that's going to last us
until dev_t gets expanded.

        -hpad

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at work, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in private!
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt