On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 01:38:17PM -0800, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 14:22:23 -0600
> Olof Johansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Powerpc uses the generic report_bug() from lib/bug.c to report
> > warnings, and I'm guessing other arches do as well.
> >
> > Add the module list as well as the end-of-trace marker to the output.
> > This required making print_oops_end_marker() nonstatic.
> >

> this is the wrong approach...
> powerpc and such should just use oops_enter() / oops_exit() to signal the
> start/end of such
> a trace, that gives them all the other behavior of oopsing as well (such as
> the "slow oops scrolling down" etc)

Note that this is for warnings, not oopses.

This comment in oops_enter threw me off of using it:

        debug_locks_off(); /* can't trust the integrity of the kernel
        anymore */

Since we can very well depend on the integrity of the kernel when it's
just doing a __WARN().

do_warn_slowpath() doesn't use oops_enter() either.

-Olof