Eric Sunshine <sunsh...@sunshineco.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 7:23 PM Junio C Hamano <gits...@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Pratyush Yadav (1):
>>       git-gui: remove lines starting with the comment character
>
> Is there some way that this can be removed from v2.31.0 before final
> release? It badly breaks git-gui on macOS[1,2] to the point of making
> it unusable (Tcl throws errors at launch time and when trying to
> commit, and committing is 100% broken).

Thanks.

I could revert the merge with the problematic changes to git-gui,
i.e. 0917373 (Merge https://github.com/prati0100/git-gui,
2021-03-01), but if possible, I'd rather merge a revert made on the
git-gui side.  If b1056f60 (Merge branch 'py/commit-comments',
2021-02-22) is the tip of git-gui repository, and b9a43869 (git-gui:
remove lines starting with the comment character, 2021-02-03) is
what breaks, perhaps

    $ git checkout b1056f60^2 &&
      git revert b9a43869 &&
      git checkout b1056f60 &&
      git merge @{-1}

would be what we want to have at the tip of git-gui until the
breakage gets sorted out.

Pratyush?