On 26.03.21 09:59, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 07:13:09AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>
>> Lo! Since a few months mainline in
>> Documentation/admin-guide/reporting-issues.rst contains a text written
>> to obsolete the good old reporting-bugs text. For now, the new document
>> still contains a warning at the top that basically says "this is WIP".
>> But I'd like to remove that warning and delete reporting-bugs.rst in the
>> next merge window to make reporting-issues.rst fully official. With this
>> mail I want to give everyone a chance to take a look at the text and
>> speak up if you don't want me to move ahead for now.
>>
>> For easier review I'll post the text of reporting-issues.rst in reply to
>> this mail. I'll do that in a few chunks, as if this was a cover letter
>> for a patch-set. Note, the version I'll send in some areas looks a bit
>> different from the one currently in mainline. That's because the text
>> I'll send already incorporates a few patches from docs-next that are
>> waiting for the next merge window; I also removed the "WIP" box as well
>> as two remaining "FIXME" notes, as those point to aspects I mention
>> below already.
>>
>> @Greg, @Sasha, I'd be especially glad if at least one of you two could
>> take a look and yell if there is something you really dislike from the
>> perspective of the stable maintainers.
>
> I responded to the specific email, but will again here.  No objection
> from me at all,

Thx for taking a look!

> this is a great resource, thanks for doing this.

Very glad to hear, thx.

>  If,
> over time, it needs any tweaks to explain things that people commonly
> get wrong, that's easy to do,

Which likely will be the case, but that's life. :-D

> so don't worry about trying to capture
> "everything" right away.

Hah, I'm not worried about that (but yes, I have a tendency in that
direction...). I just feared something along the lines of "ohh, this is
all wrong, who sneaked this into the kernel behind our back". ;-)

Ciao, Thorsten