On 4/17/21 3:24 PM, Gustavo A. R. Silva wrote:

> On 4/17/21 13:29, Jes Sorensen wrote:

>>> Do you mean changing the commit log to re-justify these changes? I
>>> guess that could be done, but based on the thread, it didn't seem to
>>> be needed. The change is happening to match the coding style consensus
>>> reached to give the kernel the flexibility to move from a gcc extension
>>> to the final C standards committee results without having to do treewide
>>> commits again (i.e. via the macro).
>>
>> No, I am questioning why Gustavo continues to push this nonsense that
>> serves no purpose whatsoever. In addition he has consistently ignored
>> comments and just keep reposting it. But I guess that is how it works,
>> ignore feedback, repost junk, repeat.
>
> I was asking for feedback here[1] and here[2] after people (you and Kalle)
> commented on this patch. How is that ignoring people? And -again- why
> people ignored my requests for feedback in this conversation? It's a mystery
> to me, honestly.

All you did was post a pointer to the fact that some other people
couldn't be bothered speaking out against the patch, and let it go in.
You haven't addressed any of the original concerns raised.

The big mistake here was of course to allow the pointless /* fallthrough
*/ changes to go in in the first place.

Jes