Hi,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 10:21 AM <sbh...@codeaurora.org> wrote:

> On 2021-04-15 01:55, Doug Anderson wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> we checked with ICB tool team on this they conformed as Rennell &
> >> Kodiak
> >> are different chipsets,
> >> we might see delta in ib/ab values due to delta in scaling factors.
> >
> > ...but these numbers are in kbps, aren't they? As I understand it
> > these aren't supposed to be random numbers spit out by a tool but are
> > supposed to be understandable by how much bandwidth an IP block (like
> > MMC) needs from the busses it's connected to. Since the MMC IP block
> > on sc7180 and sc7280 is roughly the same there shouldn't be a big
> > difference in numbers.
> >
> > Something smells wrong.
> >
> > Adding a few people who understand interconnects better than I do,
> > though.
> >

> ICB team has re-checked the Rennell ICB tool and they confirmed that
> some configs were wrong in Rennell ICB tool and they corrected it.With
> the new updated Rennell ICB tool below are the values :
>

> Rennell LC:(Sc7180)
>
> opp-384000000 {
>               opp-hz = /bits/ 64 <384000000>;
>               required-opps = <&rpmhpd_opp_nom>;
>               opp-peak-kBps = <5400000 490000>;
>               opp-avg-kBps = <6600000 300000>;
> };
>

> And now, these values are near to Kodaik LC values:
>
> Kodaik LC:(SC7280)
>
> opp-384000000 {
>             opp-hz = /bits/ 64 <384000000>;
>             required-opps = <&rpmhpd_opp_nom>;
>             opp-peak-kBps = <5400000 399000>;
>             opp-avg-kBps = <6000000 300000>;
> };

This still isn't making sense to me.

* sc7180 and sc7280 are running at the same speed. I'm glad the
numbers are closer now, but I would have thought they'd be exactly the
same.

* Aren't these supposed to be sensible? This is eMMC that does max
transfer rates of 400 megabytes / second to the external device. You
have bandwidths listed here of 5,400,000 kBps = 5,400,000 kilobytes /
second = 5400 megabytes / second. I can imagine there being some
overhead where an internal bus might need to be faster but that seems
excessive. This is 13.5x!

* I can't see how it can make sense that "average" values are higher
than "peak" values.

It still feels like there's a misconfiguration somewhere.

-Doug