On 2021/8/23 20:57, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 03:54:01PM -0700, Dan Williams wrote:

static void *dax_insert_entry(struct xa_state *xas, struct vm_fault *vmf,
                               const struct iomap_iter *iter, void
*entry, pfn_t pfn,
                               unsigned long flags)

  {
+       struct address_space *mapping = vmf->vma->vm_file->f_mapping;
         void *new_entry = dax_make_entry(pfn, flags);
+       bool dirty = insert_flags & DAX_IF_DIRTY;
+       bool cow = insert_flags & DAX_IF_COW;

...and then calculate these flags from the source data. I'm just
reacting to "yet more flags".

Except for the overly long line above that seems like a good idea.
The iomap_iter didn't exist for most of the time this patch has been
around.

So should I reuse the iter->flags to pass the insert_flags? (left shift it to higher bits)

Ruan.