On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 13:41:59 -0800
Linus Torvalds <torva...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 13:39, Linus Torvalds
> <torva...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > So the above "complexity" is *literally* just changing the
> >
> >                   (new = atomic_read_acquire(&my->seq)) != old
> >
> > condition to
> >
> >                   should_exit ||
> >                   (new = atomic_read_acquire(&my->seq)) != old
>
> .. and obviously you'll need to add the exit condition to the actual
> "deal with events" loop too.

I haven't had a chance to rework this part of the patches, but I have
some other fixes to push to you from earlier this week, and I think the
first three patches of this series are also fine. As the loop in
ring_buffer_wait() isn't needed, and patch 2 and 3 are trivial bugs.

I'll send you a pull request for that work and I'll work on this code
later.

-- Steve