CaT writes:
 > gozer:~# more /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
 > 1
 >
 > and I can contact hotmail just fine.
 > where should I go to on hotmail to see it fail?

Try telnetting to port 25 on one of their
"*.hotmail.com" MX records.

For example:
? host -a hostmail.com
hostmail.com    651 IN  MX      10 mc6.law5.hotmail.com
mc6.law5.hotmail.com    383 IN  A       216.33.238.136
? telnet 216.33.238.136 25
Trying 216.33.238.136...
?

Some of the MX records that show up for hotmail.com go
to different machines, such as INKY.SOLINUS.COM which seems
to let ECN connections through just fine.

Later,
David S. Miller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]