On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 05:59:38PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:50:37AM +0100, Patrick Ringl wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am suffering from the following (usb-related?) problem:
> >
> > I have several different mashines - all x86 architecture - just lets call
> > them mashineA, mashineB and mashineC.
>
> Is the kernel the same on all of these machines?

I'm not sure it matters...

usb-storage has no knowledge of CHS geometery.  It deals entirely in LBA.

Does anyone know where the kernel gets the CHS geometery equivalent from?

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

E:  You run this ship with Windows?!  YOU IDIOT!
L:  Give me a break, it came bundled with the computer!
                                        -- ESR and Lan Solaris
User Friendly, 12/8/1998