On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 05:12:15PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 09:49:45AM -0400, Sasha Levin wrote:
> > Add a top-level AGENTS.md symlink to README, so agents load it on their
> > own and follow its pointer to the AI guidelines. This keeps a single
> > entry point for every reader, and avoids adding a separate copy of the
> > policy that could drift from the RST.
> 
> Yeah, I think this is fine. I don't want a separate file just for
> Agents: we intentionally designed the README to work for them. That
> there are Agents missing it is sad, but okay. And the Agents are already
> trained to deal with for-human docs, so that it adds more tokens
> shouldn't matter here since it's tiny. (If it reads the contribution
> docs before every patch creation that seems like a good thing?)
> 
> Acked-by: Kees Cook <[email protected]>

It won't come as a surprise, but I want to voice opposition to
encouraging users to use AI agents for kernel development. This patch
does so, so NAK.

-- 
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart

Reply via email to