On Sun, Sep 20, 2026 at 02:33:12PM +0800, Delton Ding wrote: > Hi Jarkko and MicroFish, > > I'm following up on this discussion: > https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg2652132.html > > I would like to add a Fujitsu/Intel platform with what appears to be a > related NVS resource reservation failure. I have not tested the proposed > patch; this is an additional hardware report. > > Hardware and software: > > System: FUJITSU FMVU14003 > Board: FJNB2B5 > CPU: Intel Core i5-7300U (family 6, model 142, stepping 9) > BIOS: Version 1.33, 11/25/2025 > OS: NixOS 26.05 > Running kernel: 7.2.5 (NixOS build) > /proc/sys/kernel/tainted: 0 > > On this machine, the TPM2 table specifies StartMethod 2 (ACPI Start). > The control area, rather than the MMIO range reported by _CRS, lies > inside ACPI NVS: > > TPM2 table (length 52, revision 3, checksum valid): > ControlAddress: 0x000000008ff6e000 > StartMethod: 2 > > Relevant /proc/iomem entries: > 8d77f000-8ff7efff : ACPI Non-volatile Storage > fed40000-fed44fff : MSFT0101:00 > > The TPM SSDT declares _CRS with base 0xfed40000 and length 0x5000. > It also contains: > > OperationRegion (TPMR, SystemMemory, 0xFED40000, 0x5000) > OperationRegion (TNVS, SystemMemory, 0x8FF6F000, 0x27) > OperationRegion (CONA, SystemMemory, 0x8FF6E000, 0x30) > > The kernel reports: > > tpm_crb_acpi MSFT0101:00: error -EBUSY: can't request region for > resource [mem 0x8ff6e000-0x8ff6e02f] > tpm_crb_acpi MSFT0101:00: probe with driver tpm_crb_acpi failed with error > -16 > ima: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass! > > Neither /dev/tpm0 nor /dev/tpmrm0 exists, and both /sys/class/tpm and > /sys/class/tpmrm are empty. The ACPI device has status 15 and an existing > platform physical_node, so platform device creation itself succeeded. > > Based on the ACPI tables and source inspection, this appears to reach the > iores == NULL path in crb_map_res() when crb_map_io() first maps the > 48-byte control area. That area lies outside _CRS but within the NVS > reservation. This is an inference from the tables and error range; > I have not instrumented the driver to trace the call path. > > Earlier boot logs show the same error and address on BIOS 1.10, 1.30 > with kernel 7.2.6. I do not have a known-good Linux kernel on this machine, > so I am not reporting this as a confirmed regression. The TPM works in > Windows on the same machine; its TPM firmware has also been updated. > The vendor of the TPM is infineon, but the exact TPM firmware revision > has not been collected here. > > The missing devices cause systemd 260.2 to wait 90 seconds in the initrd > and another 90 seconds after switching to the real root. We have prepared > systemd.tpm2_wait=0 as a local workaround for the boot delay; it does not > restore the TPM device. > > Does this look like another instance of the NVS mapping issue, and is > there a preferred revised patch or targeted diagnostic for this ACPI > StartMethod 2 layout? I can provide the raw TPM2 table and TPM SSDT, > including its disassembly, if useful. > > Best Regards, > Delton Ding
Yes it does. I need to revisit this properly. Thanks for reminding. Br, Jarkko

