On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 05:50:28PM +0200, Thomas Weißschuh wrote: > On 2026-09-26 10:24:13-0500, Danish Khateeb wrote: > > malloc() rounds the size of each mapping up to a multiple of 4096, > > presumably to align it to a page boundary. But the page size is not 4096 > > on all architectures, and mmap() and munmap() round the length up to the > > page size themselves. > > > > Drop the rounding. As heap->len is no longer rounded up, growing a block > > with realloc() now always creates a new mapping. > > The series looks good to me, but I want to hear from Willy before > applying it.
Fine by me as well. I remembered there was something for mmap() that had to be rounded to PAGE_SIZE but it's not len, it's the offset, so we're fine here. Also I've checked when __builtin_add_overflow() was added, and it's gcc 5 so we're fine here as well. > > Assisted-by: LLM > > Signed-off-by: Danish Khateeb <[email protected]> > > I'll add a Suggested-by here when applying. For the series: Reviewed-by: Willy Tarreau <[email protected]> Thanks! Willy

