Hi Sjur,

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Sjur BRENDELAND
<sjur.brandel...@stericsson.com> wrote:
> The simple story is that when Host writes a bit indicated with TX-mask
> it generates an interrupt on the modem-side. And likewise when the
> modem writes a bit indicated with RX mask the Host will receive an
> interrupt.

Ok, thanks.

> Yes, if you can guarantee this, I could make a very simple solution.

Great!

> Ok, I guess a more standard way to solve this is use #ifdef's and
> dummy inline functions in the header file instead. I'll do that
> next time around then.

I'm still puzzled a bit about this: can we just depend on some
CONFIG_STE_MODEM_HANDLERS (totally made up name) instead, without even
adding the #ifdefs ?

Since ste_modem_rproc is anyway platform specific, I'm wondering
whether there's any legitimate configuration where it is needed, but
the symbols it depends on aren't around.

> OK, we can do it this way as well. It feels a bit over-the-top in my case,
> but I understand where you're coming from any why.

Thanks! It should really be super simple and straight-forward to
implement. If you see that for some reason it isn't, let me know and
I'll help.

Ohad.