Am Freitag, den 13.07.2012, 16:18 +0200 schrieb Hans J. Koch:
> If somebody maps the card's memory through the UIO driver and somebody
> else also maps it using sysfs, that is possible. What happens if both
> write to the same hardware registers is a different topic. Writing a
> driver implies some responsibility, even if it's done in userspace.

That's true and I would not complain. I'm just saying that there is the
possibility to disturb a kernel driver by mapping memory etc. I think it
is worth to considerate moving the BAR mapping code to UIO. Especially,
when I look at the discussions about what effects mappable DMA memory
can have on the system security.

--
Gruß
  Dominic