On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 04:25:25AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> The recent commit to fix dynamic_debug was a bit unclean.
> Neaten the style for dynamic_debug.
> Reduce the stack use of message logging that uses netdev_printk
> Add utility functions dev_printk_emit and dev_vprintk_emit for /dev/kmsg.
>
> Joe Perches (5):
>   dev_dbg/dynamic_debug: Update to use printk_emit, optimize stack
>   netdev_printk/dynamic_netdev_dbg: Directly call printk_emit
>   netdev_printk/netif_printk: Remove a superfluous logging colon
>   dev: Add dev_vprintk_emit and dev_printk_emit
>   device and dynamic_debug: Use dev_vprintk_emit and dev_printk_emit

Looks Good.

The one thing that is bothering me though, is that for
__dynamic_dev_dbg(), __dynamic_netdev_dbg(), we are copying much of the core
logic of __dev_printk(), __netdev_printk(), respectively. I would prefer
have this in one place. Can we add a 'prefix' argument to __dev_printk(),
and __netdev_printk() that dynamic debug can use, but is simply empty
for dev_printk() and netdev_printk().

Thanks,

-Jason