On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, David Weinehall wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 07:14:48AM -0500, Wakko Warner wrote:
> > > - Some architectures' ports of the Linux kernel, at least in their current
> > > state (has anyone actually tried to *compile* the PPC kernel since
> > > 2.4.<whatever> besides me?)
> >
> > Have you tried comiling 2.2.x where x > 13 on an m68k mac or 2.4.x on an
> > m68k mac?  doesn't happen.  The patches I found for 2.2 didn't work, kernel
> > oopsed on loading the network driver.
>
> Have you submitted patches to Alan (for v2.2.x) or Linus (for v2.4.x)
> to fix this?!

Linux/m68k 2.4.x runs on some platforms. Also note that Linux/m68k is not 100%
merged with Linus/Alan yet. The mac-specific patches in the m68k tree that
weren't merged are on hold until all issues are sorted out[*], cfr. the
linux-m68k list.

Note to Wakko: feel free to join the project! As usual, we can use the
manpower!!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

[*] This includes, but is not limited to:
      - reports that they work
      - reports that they work after applying patch foo
      - drivers shared with the PPC folks must be sorted out with them first
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds