>(scsi1:A:0:0): data overrun detected in Data-out phase.  Tag == 0x36.
>(scsi1:A:0:0): Have seen Data Phase.  Length = 0.  NumSGs = 0.

As I mentioned to you the last time you brought up this problem, I
don't believe that this is caused by the aic7xxx driver, but the
aic7xxx driver may be the first to notice the corruption.  Somehow
the system is generating disk requests with a zero length buffer
provided to the controller.  That is the cause of the data-overruns.
Perhaps there is a problem with the dma mapping operations on your
particular type of Alpha?

--
Justin