My LUG has had a machine donated with a PC Chips M805LR Motherboard (info
here http://www.eurocomla.com/m805lr.htm)  I have to get it working to
stream our meetings with realserver.  as such I cannot use the new 2.4
kernels with it since Realserver won't work with them.  I am having
trouble with the kernel drivers for its onboard sound card.  I have
compiled the driver for the VIA 82C686 and I can get sound, but it will
not recognize the line-in port.  If I use a 2.4 kernel on the machine then
it works fine, but I can't run the realserver with it.  Is this a known
issue with the VIA drivers in the 2.2.xx (i am using 2.2.18)? if so is
there a work around for it?  Any info would be helpful.
thanks,
Brent Norris

System Admin -  WKU-Center for BioDiversity (4)
                WKU-Linux (3)
                Best Mechanical (3)