I have been getting kernel panics on kernel 2.4.3
when using the loop device on a rather regular basis.
I get a kernel panic but no oops message.  The kernel
panic message says Kernel panic: invalid blocksize passed
to set_blocksize.  I saw that someone else on the list
has had these problems as well but I have seen no response.
Has a fix for this bug been posted that I have not seen?
Is the fix in any current stable or AC kernel?  As far as
I know I am not using any strange options.  The only thing
I can think of would be that multiple people are using the
loopback device at the same time.  This is because the box
that is having the problems is a build server for a custom
software distro.  We use the loopback filesystem to create
the boot image.  The box is a 4way xeon with 1GB of ram.
Are there any known issues with loopback and SMP?  Or even
loopback and multiple mounts/usage?

ver_linux output attached.

Thanks,
Mike
--
If some fields are empty or look unusual you may have an old version.
Compare to the current minimal requirements in Documentation/Changes.

Linux optimus.applianceware.com 2.4.3 #2 SMP Wed Apr 18 06:00:29 PDT 2001 i686 unknown

Gnu C                  2.96
Gnu make               3.79.1
binutils               2.10.91.0.2
util-linux             2.10r