On 27.3.2013 00:34, David Howells wrote:
> Michal Marek <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> The format only supports one signature, so discard any previous
>> signature before signing the module.
> 
> That's not totally true.  The format does not preclude multiple signatures.
> You can just add another signature block on the end that signs everything
> inside of that, including all previous signatures.  The alteration to the code
> to check all of them would be very small, I think.

The question is if this would be useful and desired, as opposed to
supporting a list of signatures that all sign the *same* message. My bet
is that such chain of signatures is more likely going to indicate error
than intention. But I don't care much, I haven't run into this myself, I
just thought that others migh do.

Michal
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

Reply via email to