On 07/04/2013 05:35:28 AM, Gupta Ruchika-R66431 wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to unbind a platform device from a driver. Even when the remove function of the device returns an EBUSY error, the device is unbound from the driver. Is this the right behavior ? Why does kernel forcefully unbind the device even if device remove function returns an error ?

From looking at the code, it seems it's not allowed for a driver to refuse the unbinding. If you can't unbind yet, you need to block until you can (and take measures to ensure that it won't take too long).

I don't know the history of why the remove method can return an error even though nothing seems to check it.

root@p4080ds: ls

bind ffe301000.jr ffe302000.jr ffe303000.jr ffe304000.jr uevent unbind

root@p4080ds: echo ffe301000.jr > unbind

In caam_jr_remove

caam_jr ffe301000.jr: Device Busy

Is the caam_jr driver printing this, or the device model infrastructure?

-Scott